Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Someone Else's Fairytake by E.M. Tippetts

Someone Else's Fairytale by E.M. Tippetts
This was a super cute story. If your looking for a YA-modest romance then this book is for you.This book  had suspense too.

I'm actually impressed by the main character Chloe and I admire her focus on the things she holds important. I mean come on, would you be able to focus if a hot shot celebrity (Ryan Gosling perhaps?) suddenly came into your life and took interest in you? My head would be in the clouds.

How about when she goes to visit Jason and his co-star is in his hotel room and starts taking off her clothes? Would you have kept as calm as Chloe did? I'm not sure what I would have done... but my reaction probably would have involved jumping to conclusions.

I really liked that Chloe was in college. It's refreshing to read a book about someone the same age (ish) as myself. I especially liked that Chole was celibate, that she did not try to hid it from the boys/men she dated, and that she did not give in. I would have loved to have a role model like her.

I liked that there was a bit of a love triangle but in the end Chloe didn't have to break any one's heart. It was also nice to see a character that is a straight, male, best friend (I'm all for gay male best friends too) without things getting to weird between them. Like Twilight... things got weird.

....

No comments:

Post a Comment